Gracegirl

Monday, November 12, 2007

Few Moments to Blog...

Way too stinking long since I last blogged. I have so many emails to respond to, but I figure I haven't blogged in months, so here I am.

Really, I only want to stay up a few more minutes, just to tell you all what I've been doing. I'm now at Master's, very happy and very busy. I'm working in the Athletic Department as an office assistant, concessions attendant, and study hall monitor, which is a huge blessing, because I'm allowed to do homework on the job most of the time.

My favorite class is New Testament Survey with Dr. Halstead. It's been all too amazing learning about Christ in the gospels, and I eagerly await the increase in love for God and His Church as we enter Acts. A couple of weeks ago, my friend's dad spoke in chapel and said exactly what I needed to hear--a very refreshing message on Romans 8.

I love the church I'm attending--I really enjoy the shepherding of the pastor. Even though there are hundreds and hundreds of people who attend, he remembers my name. Remarkable, really. And I'm attending a Life of Christ sunday school class which complements my New Testament class very well.

I can't tell you how much I love my dorm. The girls here are fantastic. I have so many sisters here and hang out with them all the time. I'm challenged by them to grow in the Lord and am so encouraged by the privilege of living with them.

I do, however, miss family, friends, and the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I'll get to return for Christmas and be blessed by la vida rainy. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 11/14/2007 9:33 AM, Blogger The Resident Writer said…

    I know what you mean about how nice it is when the pastor remembers your name. I'm glad you took my advice to embroider your name on all your shirts.
    I played volleyball at Master's as part of a high-school fund-raiser. I ate 5 bols of homemade chili that night. I think it gave me superpowers.
    Please do come to my humble abode sooner than later.

     
  • At 11/16/2007 10:18 PM, Blogger NeverAlone said…

    J Otis--you make me laugh out loud! So much fun! Yeah, my pastor remembers my name too--hope it's not in chagrin--
    Katie, it's fun to read your updated blog--keep it up! Remember, you'll never have as much time as you do now! (Ha!)

     
  • At 11/28/2007 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Katie I can not tell you how great it is to hear such happy new's from you. Can't wait to see you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home