Gracegirl

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Not Sure What to Call This Post

Hi everybody! Thank you so much for your kind prayers & comments. I am still having a hard time (Thursday night was a doozie for me), but God is good. There has been much encouragement even in the difficulty. I know that I'll look back on it and see His hand through it all, and praise Him. Why is it that trials are always the things you look back on with the most joy? It does seem that way, with me at least. Trials are truly rich times when you see God so clearly because He draws you so close.

You know what's really strange? Lately, the weather has completely matched my mood. Even down to weird mixes of sun and ominous clouds when I have mixed emotions. And Thursday, I cried (while it simultaneously rained), got it together (and the rain held up), and then I began crying again (with increasing intensity as the rain began to pick up). It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen. Of course, usually I'm happy and it's not sunny, so it's not usual. Just lately. :)

And life goes on. For a number of reasons, I've been baking like a madwoman. I made an apple cake for my parents' anniversary (which was really on the 18th, but they were forced to celebrate it on the 25th instead). Last night, I baked a pineapple upside-down cake, and this morning I baked a coffee cake. I seem determined to make myself (and everyone around me) fat. But it's fun to do! :) I've been really wanting to bake a layer carrot cake sometime, but haven't gotten around to it. Why do I get the urge to bake once the weather is warming up? That really doesn't make much sense, does it?

Anyway, I need to call into work pretty soon (they have me on call today). I'm hoping I don't have to go in, because I'd been wanting to have dinner with some friends tonight. At least God knows what schedule he wants me to have. Good thing He's in control. Seems like I'm always confused about what's going on.

5 Comments:

  • At 7/02/2007 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your right, God truly is wonderful....... and so is cake!

     
  • At 7/05/2007 1:48 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said…

    Your teary days will soon be over if they have a connection to the weather. Pretty soon, you'll be clear and sunny all the time-but not to summy today-it's 108!

     
  • At 7/08/2007 9:14 PM, Blogger Leila said…

    Katie,

    I definitely go through times like this - I consistently try to pray that if I should be sad - i.e. there is sin in my life, or I have a burden for someone I need to pray about - that God will reveal that to me, and if it's just emotions, that He will help me hold onto Him and depend that He will see me through. In those down moments, try to start listing off things you're thankful for to God. That always helps me focus on the right things.

     
  • At 7/15/2007 12:37 AM, Blogger ErikJ said…

    Hey you! never fear, God is in always there. ;) hey can you tell me who that teacher was, and where I can go to start early on that Bible class you where telling me about? thanks again!

    ~storm~

     
  • At 7/19/2007 1:48 PM, Blogger Kate Alesso said…

    You're all such great friends. Thank you! Although I'm still sad about what caused the sadness, everyday life is much happier and more focused. God is good, and always full of surprises and blessing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home