Gracegirl

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Horizons

God is teaching me so much about Himself lately. His name is to be praised. I was reading in Job the other day (what an encouraging book!) and was reminded of true joy. Not just "I'm feeling better" but "The joy of the Lord is my strength." Job knew what it was all about. Try to read this as if you're in the middle of it:

Job 1:18-22: (emphasis added)

While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, and behold, a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people and they died, and I alone have escaped to tell you."

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said,

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

If that's not convicting, I don't know what is. So even as God is changing my life so much, and as I head toward each horizon that He sets in my path, I can know that God is to be blessed both when He gives and when He takes away. I came into this world with nothing, and anything I gain is from Him. That brings such joy and peace. I knew these things. I just needed to be reminded of them. And on top of that, God has been bringing such abundant blessings into my life, that it's caused me to think about how truly amazing God is. I keep going through this mental quandry: Should I be amazed at what God can do, or should I not be amazed at all, because I know that He is so able to do that? Does that make sense? Basically, I know what God can accomplish, but I'm amazed every time. What is up with that?

As He continues to show me how beautifully He can guide my path, I'm learning to trust Him more and bless His name. I look forward to seeing all that He will continue to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home