Gracegirl

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ready, Set...

I'm happy to say that I'm typing this post from my very own brand new HP laptop. I just made this video, too.

I got it night before last, but haven't had much time to play with it yet. Today after church, we had some company over for lunch. To tell the truth, we'd never met any of them before. It all goes back to one evening at Red Robin. I was waiting on several tables, and actually brought up my college plans to them (which normally I don't really do). They asked me specifically what college I was going to in Santa Clarita. I told them about Master's, and they practically jumped out of their skin. They told me, "One of our best friends is going to Master's too! She'll be a freshman." They glowingly told me all about her and recited her phone number to me. I got in contact, and she & her parents came over for lunch today. She is very sweet, and we're considering working in PBC's childrens ministry together. Pretty amazing how God works. I just keep meeting wonderful girls who are going for their first year at Master's! Haley & I will be going to our friend Jessica's wedding, where we're expecting to meet her (future) sister-in-law, also named Katie, also going to Master's as a freshman. And Stefanie B., who I met in Berlin three years ago is going as a freshman this year. The Lord is just so good to me. I can't really wrap my mind around it all.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/06/2007 11:52 AM, Blogger clyde said…

    katie. this is hilarious. and congrats on the new laptop. too bad it isn't a fruit one though :)

     
  • At 8/06/2007 6:58 PM, Blogger Kate Alesso said…

    Thanks Clyde! Actually, I've never had good experiences with Apple products. I know, I can hear the gasps now. But I'm not too trusting of fruit anymore. I'll eat the occasional nectarine or something, but I'm afraid working with apples on a day-to-day basis would be too traumatic...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home