Gracegirl

Friday, August 10, 2007

A Good Ol' Shot in the Arm

I got shot several times today, and survived (so far), I'm happy to tell you. I had to get my meningitis vaccine, and had to redo my MMR because some fool nurse didn't do it right when I was a kid. So I went in to get my shots, and they talked me into two more. They tried to talk me into a fifth that a Christian girl should never need, and I had to practically bat my way out of the room to get the nurse to stop. I cannot believe the hard sell I got. When they've already pricked me four times anyway, I can't imagine that they wouldn't expect me to be a little sore at them. Ha.

Anyway. I can't believe how much fun college preparations are. Where's the Tylenol?

One good thing to report: Much like Tony's experience, my iPod seemed to have died, not to be consoled by its friend the recharger for anything. I wasn't sure what to do. But I saw Tony's post, and he inspired me to try again. He inspireth me, he inspireth joo. Anyhoo. This time, it WORKED! I can't believe it. If your iPod ever goes dead, wait about a month and try to recharge it again. It sounds like this may be more than a one-time occurance.

We had the Marks over tonight. (So I guess that makes for more than one good thing to report.) It was fun to see them, but sad to say another goodbye. I wish them well in the new land God has for them. They have been so great to get to know, even if it's been a short time. It's a good thing we have the internet & email to keep in touch. Otherwise, I don't know how I'd be able to keep in touch with so many people via snail mail. I mean, I love the handwritten note as much as the next girl, but honestly. Email does make my life easier.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/10/2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Tony Kevin said…

    Joo know, I do my betht...

    I'm glad to hear that your iPod is working again! I hope it doesn't die again. Mine hasn't, so that should be encouraging.

    And I'm sorry you had to get shots. Though, I would have love to have seen you "bat" nurses away from you... heh heh... not very Katie Abbottish... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home