Gracegirl

Monday, August 28, 2006

I Am Barabbas

Over the past two Sundays, Mom and I have shown the Japanese kids videos based on the life of Christ. Yesterday, we showed them "The Miracle Maker," a wonderful claymation film that portrays Christ's life, death and resurrection in unique and captivating way. The week before, we showed them The Jesus Film for Children. During watching these movies, different things have hit me, but one of the things that jumped out at me is how much the character of Barabbas totally symbolizes those for whom Christ died. Barabbas was a convicted murderer, as Matthew puts it, "a notorious prisoner." Jesus was (and is) completely innocent and sinless. The one person released from death was Barabbas, not Jesus. Instead, Jesus went to the cross.

The story of Barabbas can be found in the following passages:
Matthew 27:15-26, Acts 3:14-15

3 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2006 9:19 AM, Blogger The Resident Writer said…

    Can you send me a picture of your family, and your friends, and anyone else I might know and identify them for me? Your mom has my e-mail. Thanks.

     
  • At 8/30/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said…

    Was that Micah playing with the colored blocks building a tower on your flickr photos?

    Did you go on the Reformation tour?

     
  • At 9/08/2006 7:18 PM, Blogger Kate Alesso said…

    Jen--

    I just sent the email! Btw, that was Micah, but we weren't on the Reformation tour. We had the blessing of being on a missions team two years ago, and were at the home of a certain Green family when that picture was taken.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home