Gracegirl

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Noises in the Night

As many of you know, our youth ministry is having its annual World's for Sale fundraiser (explained excellently here, here, and here). Long story, but basically it is simply a gymnasium packed full of donated used items, a garage sale made mondo-size. Needless to say, it takes a lot of people expending energy to get it done, with three days of set up and three days of sale.

So last night I was pretty bushed as I climbed into bed, and began to doze off. No sooner had I done that, than I was stirred by an odd "SMACK!" sort of noise. I wandered down the hall and asked Mom if she heard it. Nope. Wandered back, dozed off, "SMACK!" again. Hmm. I turned on the light and tried to examine the approximate corner the noise had come from. No such luck. As I looked up at my alarm clock, I discovered a little green tree frog staring me right in the eyes! I have no idea how this adorable, somewhat terrified little thing could have found his way into my room, because I live on the top level of our house. I'm still amazed thinking of what convoluted pathways this frog must have taken. Poor thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home