Gracegirl

Monday, June 26, 2006

TrueU

The other day, I stumbled upon an amazing website. Now I haven't navigated the whole thing, so I don't want any nasty letters saying I endorsed something bad, but it really looks good. I found a couple of articles that I thought about discussing in separate blogs, but I think I'll just post about here.

I only scanned this article, but it made me laugh and think. I don't know if they'd want me quoting it, so although I desperately want to, I'll simply play it safe and describe it here. The article focused on relationships and finding value in God, not in others.

This article talks about appearance and how we need to think through where our beauty lies. I've thought about this before, and it's really an interesting topic. It ties in a bit with Pastor Zimmer's messages at evening service. (For those of you who don't get to hear these, he has been going through 1 Timothy and is now in chapter 2, verses 9-15. Good teaching!) I recommend this article--very thought provoking.

I just wanted to share all this with you and recommend that you explore the website, as I know I will be doing. It seems to be filled with some gems.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger M said…

    the end. Wow thanks for sharing that with us all! Wish I coulda seen it myself (he-he). Thanks for your comment back. Please let me know when you are in town. I work at Grace to You which is not too far away from Master's, and I would love to give you a tour of the place. My friend Jennifer's husband also works here.
    I'm an administrative assistant here for the Spanish radio broadcast director. I love my job! Anyhow, talk to you some more later!

     
  • At 6/26/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Kate Alesso said…

    oh stink. I was trying to save it as a draft to remind myself to post about a couple of things on the website. Your comment made me laugh so hard that I couldn't tell my mom what happened. In case you're wondering, the site was www.trueu.org. I am such an idiot. I'll rewrite this post, though.

    I would love to meet you and see Grace to You! Sounds like you really have an awesome job.

    In case anyone sees these comments and wonders what in the world we're talking about, I posted using the first sentence of the blog and nothing else, not even the hyperlink to their site, or a title to the post. Oh, man. I just feel so stupid.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Tony Kevin said…

    Great post Katie. Yeah that site is awesome. Although, sometimes they have some weird authors write weird things... but overall, its beneficial.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home