Gracegirl

Friday, June 23, 2006

Our Gorgeous Garden

We just came in for an ice water break (also possible to read that as "a nice water break") after tending our little spot of earth again. Anyway, it is such fun to get things done in the garden, whether it's finding more compost to use, planting a wide variety of lettuces, fertilizing the vegetables that are already growing, or picking about 5 pounds of strawberries--you heard right, we're going to have very local berries tonight! Yes!!!

Mom and I are taking advantage of the beautiful sunshine, and enjoying the prospects of glorious sun all through Tuesday, at least! The pepper plants ought to enjoy it too.

I LOVE gardening!

2 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Leila said…

    I'm with you Katie :) And whacking down weeds and spraying Blackberries with stuff that will KILL them :). Summer is glorious. I also love Pilates - stick with it, it really works - and helps with good posture.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 5:13 AM, Blogger NeverAlone said…

    Katie, I'm glad to see you love gardening so much--in contrast to when you were 4 and I thought you would be enriched by planting a primrose, and you refused to do any of it except pat it on top when I was done with all the grubby stuff.
    Leila, you sound a little, uh, violent in your gardening! I think I could use your exuberance in the spring when I have to get the blackberries under control (relatively speaking).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home