Gracegirl

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

God & Order

Hello, faithful readers & commenters--or is it "commentators?" Nevertheless, thanks for being faithful! It can be very interesting & encouraging to read your thoughts, and I'm encouraged that you keep coming back to read mine. :)

It was so cool tonight to hear Jesse's thoughts on God's orderliness. I also really enjoyed James' message a little bit ago. What was interesting is that just last night, I was reminded again of the beauty and amazing design of God's creation, and His complete control over it. I was reading in Psalm 104, and it really popped out at me. I would heartily encourage you to read it. It's beautiful and truly amazing.

For example, verse 24:
O Lord, how many are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all;
The earth is full of your possessions.

Also amazing is that my mom & brother were just talking about photosynthesis today, and I was thinking how awesome it is that a little seed could make its own food out of sunlight, water, and minerals from soil! I know I'd turn green too, if I had to survive merely on those things! :) And mom & he were covering venus fly traps today too. That was pretty incredible too.

Just consider a few familiar lyrics from the song, "Indescribable."

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go?
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow?
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light?
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom...
Indescribabe, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky
And you know them by name
You are amazing, God

Do you think, just maybe, that God might be trying to show Himself off to you and me? Let's pay attention!

1 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2005 10:17 PM, Blogger Tony Kevin said…

    wow, katie. great blog! I liked your comment about turning green. That was classic! Yes our God is amazing. He is a God of order and design. I agree with you... let's pay attention!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home