Gracegirl

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

God & Order

Hello, faithful readers & commenters--or is it "commentators?" Nevertheless, thanks for being faithful! It can be very interesting & encouraging to read your thoughts, and I'm encouraged that you keep coming back to read mine. :)

It was so cool tonight to hear Jesse's thoughts on God's orderliness. I also really enjoyed James' message a little bit ago. What was interesting is that just last night, I was reminded again of the beauty and amazing design of God's creation, and His complete control over it. I was reading in Psalm 104, and it really popped out at me. I would heartily encourage you to read it. It's beautiful and truly amazing.

For example, verse 24:
O Lord, how many are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all;
The earth is full of your possessions.

Also amazing is that my mom & brother were just talking about photosynthesis today, and I was thinking how awesome it is that a little seed could make its own food out of sunlight, water, and minerals from soil! I know I'd turn green too, if I had to survive merely on those things! :) And mom & he were covering venus fly traps today too. That was pretty incredible too.

Just consider a few familiar lyrics from the song, "Indescribable."

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go?
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow?
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light?
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom...
Indescribabe, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky
And you know them by name
You are amazing, God

Do you think, just maybe, that God might be trying to show Himself off to you and me? Let's pay attention!

3 Comments:

  • At 5/05/2005 4:35 PM, Blogger Becca B. said…

    Katio!!!
    It is intresting that Jesse would speak on that topic based on (of all things) my psych homework. Before you go on about the evils of psychology, it all ties in beautifully. We were asked to find the extrodinary in everyday things. Such as: a spiderweb, a baby's head, a wave, and other thing like that. And it was fun because in class we talked about how it all points back to God and how awesome He is.
    luv ya sis!!!

     
  • At 5/06/2005 12:25 AM, Blogger Shani said…

    ~Shane here on her maiden voyage for posting comments on Gracegirl's blog... It will be the first of many, of that I'm certain!
    ~I remember James's sermon, "The Wonders of God's Creation," and was wondering what other verses proclaimed God's sovereignty (but wow, I never thought about earth being "full of [His] possessions"!), so hearing your genuine and perceptive thoughts was a true blessing:)! Thanks for the many Scripture references throughout your blogs.
    ~In looking around at the lush greens our state especially is dressed with, "Who is man...," indeed. And what about with people like Moses and David and John? Before God had them do amazing things for His glory, they were sent out into the wilderness away from civilization; just them, God, the open sky, and their trust in Him to survive.
    ~Please keep up being on blogging fire, Gracegirl! See you Wednesday, or Saturday if I can help out the most worthy cause:P of helping out with house-moving.

     
  • At 5/14/2005 10:17 PM, Blogger Tk log said…

    wow, katie. great blog! I liked your comment about turning green. That was classic! Yes our God is amazing. He is a God of order and design. I agree with you... let's pay attention!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home