Gracegirl

Friday, April 22, 2005

Heaven

I've been reminded a lot lately of the truths that come with a global Church.

I have a tendency to want to be anchored someplace, to have a headquarters, if you will. But really, heaven is our only true home. Yes, we build places to stay here. And it feels so wonderful to come back home after you've been away for a long time. But think about what coming home will mean. "Coming home" is not something we'll ever really know until we get to heaven. It will be so much more than the times we've known that we call "coming home." That's amazing to me.

I also attempt to grasp ahold of family here on this earth--people who may share some genes, but who are not my family. It really hit home hard when I saw a lot of them last summer. And, yes, I do desire to share the gospel with them so they'll have that sweet opportunity to join the family, but I find myself almost frantic to see them take that opportunity. Yet, God is sovereign and has the perfect family for me--much more incredible than I can imagine on this earth. That family reunion will be awesome, in the truest sense of the word.

And I was hit right between the eyes at Snow Retreat, as I've shared before, by the amazing grace that flows from our God. And we'll see the light of His glory and grace. That is the best part of heaven. I am blown away by that concept. To quote a few lines from Steven Curtis Chapman:

My words are stolen away
With this breathtaking view of Your grace...
And I am speechless, I'm astonished and amazed
I am silenced by Your wondrous grace

You have saved me
You have raised me from the grave
And I am speechless in Your presence now
I'm astounded as I consider how
You have shown us
A love that leaves us speechless...

So what kind of love could this be
That would trade heaven's throne for a cross
And to think You still celebrate
Over finding just one who was lost

And to know You rejoice over us
The God of this whole universe
Is a story that's too great for words

Oh how great is the love
The Father has lavished upon us
That we should be called
The sons and the daughters of God!

Since the Snow Retreat, I've thought over, and talked over, the things that were impressed upon my heart. But I haven't really been able to verbalize it. And the song "Speechless" has become ever so real to me. God's grace has impacted my heart. I can only hope that it continues to be a truly "amazing grace" to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home