Gracegirl

Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmas

Wow. Everything is Christmas right now. Looking at my calendar, my to do list, and my family, I see that everything is absorbed in the Christmas season. I can't believe how complicated life can get in one month. There are so many things to do, and so many things to do for those previous things to do. It is absolutely crazy.

You know what's funny, though? I love this. I love the challenge of thinking of what to get my family and friends, making the things I hope they'll enjoy, and finding those things that fit them so perfectly. Christmas is so special.

But it's so much more than all that, because really, if it's just consumerism for your family and friends, it's nothing. What keeps you going the rest of the year? Just looking forward to next Christmas? Uh, no. I love the fact that we take basically a whole month, to remember the one thing that is most worthy of remembering; that God sent His Son Jesus for our sins. He certainly didn't have to come here. But He chose to die so we could have life. He loves us that much. I think that is the most awe-inspiring thing. No, wait. I know that's the most awe-inspiring thing.

And, absolutely, that is the thing that is worth celebrating. Are you celebrating the spirit of giving, or the spirit of the Gift?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home