Gracegirl

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Friends

Today I've been thinking a lot about friends. A very sweet friend of mine is moving away a week from now, and I'm very sad. You know, I don't terribly like the song "Friends" by Michael W. Smith, but its message is true. We will always be friends, and though we both cried like little babies knowing that she'd be gone, her impact remains. She's been a great example of a young LADY. Young women are rampant, but a true lady is pretty rare, and I've had the pleasure of her friendship, which I'll treasure forever. I know a lot of ladies who are married, and a lot of young ladies that are my age, but I haven't been close to many ladies who are just a bit older than I am. You wouldn't believe how much you can learn from a godly person who is just a few years older than you are. It's interesting the example they provide.

When you're in a dressing room, you can try to consider what Jesus would do, but you can't quite tell whether He'd wear the outfit. That's where her example comes in. She has plenty of style, but she knows how to dress modestly at the same time.

You can try to understand what the Bible would say about your friends, but when you're deciding who to hang out with, you can bet she'll provide a practical view of good choices.

And I don't even have to call and ask her view on something--though I know I could, if I needed to. I can tell, from the way she lives her life, which way is the godly way to go. I am very thankful for other women--uh, ladies--who are godly examples too. But this is one friend who has given me a very special example that I can't quite grab from others. Some provide me with a virtuous example of what a mother should be. Some provide me with a virtuous example of what a wife should be. But I will never forget the virtuous example that she's given me. Jamye, thank you.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2005 12:15 PM, Blogger Tony Kevin said…

    Those thoughts are very true, Katie, you can learn a lot from those who are even just two or three years older. I think we all appreciate Jayme and Lara. They have been a huge example in our ministry. Good words, Katie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home