Gracegirl

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Voices & Choices

I'm in the lounge tonight. I just heard a quote from a movie people are watching--I think it's Enchanted. Anyway. A line stuck out to me:

"Hello worthless. Miss me?"

I think that's like our sin, honestly. It treats us terribly, but we keep thinking it's worth going back for more. Our selfish, proud nature never serves us well. It leaves us broken, worthless... feeling incapable and stained by the very thing that keeps us from God.

Why do we go back?

I think it's because we refuse to hear the tender voice of God that speaks the opposite of our sin:

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."

"Choose this day whom you will serve"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home