Gracegirl

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bitterness to Joy

I've been meaning to write a post about an experience I had a couple of years ago that really made me think. One morning, I woke up completely bitter and full of sorrow. And I mean completely. And as I sleepily thought about why I felt that way, I realized that I'd had the most horribly jarring dream that I can imagine. I had dreamt that in some way, God had broken one of His promises or something, and let us down. That He had changed from perfect, unchanging, immutable, and become like us. And it was the most awful, sickening feeling I've ever had in my life, because if God were other than He is, in any way, we would be lost. Truly lost! And, as I've heard it said, if He were to break even one of His promises, He would not be God.

I've never forgotten that morning, and the vivid feelings that woke me up that day. My bitterness turned to joy and praise, as I realized that that nightmare will never come true. Our God will never let us down. And He has always been faithful in situation after situation, in promise after promise. No matter how unfaithful man is, God is always faithful to His perfect character. What an incredible assurance that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home