Gracegirl

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sick Thoughts

This week, I realized just how strange one's brain can get when one is sick. The funniest things come to mind. These are really disconnected thoughts, but they're things I've been thinking about.

Confession: I have watched You've Got Mail about 200 times...I'm always in agony over whether Kathleen and Joe are really going to get together. Watch it; I know you'll love it. Anyway, the thing that came to mind watching it this time was that I recognized the tone of their emails to one another (of course, when you've watched the movie so many times, the repetition could have something to do with it!). I couldn't get over it. Then I realized that the tone in their letters sounded very much like the tone used in a lot of blogs. People report their latest aspirations, musings and experiences in the most charming way. Take note next time you watch--you'll be surprised; Kathleen & Joe sound like they're blogging. I think it's because both forms of writing (blogging and their emails) are purely for the purpose of sharing life with others. Otherwise, you're likely to walk around muttering, "I am a lone reed."

One piece of advice for you: do not eat Chinese food and drink orange juice when you have the flu. It's not a good combination. Oh, and don't ever study when you have the flu. At least, don't study earthworm anatomy when you have the flu. It's not a good combination either.

And I have to share something I found on my bottle of Midol. (Yes, ladies, it's been a pretty rough week.) I was looking for dosage info, and found the following warning label:

"Ask a doctor before use if you have trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland."

All I can say is, at least I don't usually have that trouble.

On another note, I watched Martha Stewart for the first time in a long time. She is so condescending. She's even condescending when she's sauteeing broccoli rabe. Not many people can do that. That's probably how she made her millions. She has serious condescending skills.

2 Comments:

  • At 4/04/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger SKH said…

    I learned things from this post that I did not think I needed to know. :-)

     
  • At 4/05/2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Leila said…

    Katie,

    You're awesome! New random facts to keep stored in my brain for just the right insightful moment - maybe I can use them to be condescending, too...

    P.S. I didn't know Earth Worm really had anatomy...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home