Gracegirl

Friday, November 25, 2005

Long Time, Just As Good




Thanksgiving



Yesterday was the most awesome Thanksgiving. We had friends over who we've known for about 10 years. We'd met them at our old church, and their daughter and I were good buds. The thing is, we really only see them every few years. However, their oldest daughter got married a couple of weeks ago, and we got to attend the wedding. We made Thanksgiving arrangements, and waited to get to see them again. We had a fantastic time last night. You know the type of time I'm talking about-- you haven't seen your friends in a VERY long time, and you almost think things will be different, that you might have less in common, whatever. Anyway, you get completely blown away by how nothing has changed, you still laugh just as hard together, make fun of each others' hiccups, and talk the night away. You reminisce about getting sick at sleepovers, reading crazy books together, and stealthfully spying on your families. Before you know it, the night is over, your cheeks hurt, and you're still hiccuping. And you wonder how friendships could get any better. Maybe if they lived next door... :)

Mom and I stayed up late--quite late--looking over sale ads to plan out our annual After-Thanksgiving Saving Spree. Then we got up at 4:30 to hit Fred Meyer, then Wal-Mart, Staples, Gottschalks, Target, Family Christian, Office Max, Borders, and Old Navy. Needless to say, it was fun, but we're pretty bushed. We actually didn't spend as much as I expected, and got great deals on things we need. God was gracious, as always.

You know, that Thanksgiving Eve service is always so good. And the Turkey Bowl, too--this was my first Turkey Bowl! I love fall--it's my all-time favorite. Fall is really, truly, outstandingly beautiful.

We're getting the snow gear out now. I'm constantly freezing, so this is always a welcome wardrobe change. I don't think they'll be able to take my snow hat away from me for the next 11 months of winter. I love it too much. Not to mention, it helps me count down to um, hmm... what could it be? Maybe SNOW RETREAT 2006? Woo Hoo! Heart rate going back to normal... okay, I'm calm again. I'm actually considering snowboarding or skiing this year, since it's my _ _ _ _ Snow Retreat. I can't write that word. I don't want to accept that I can't keep going to each retreat. Anyway, the only thing is, is that I don't know how to ski or snowboard. So I'm a little worried about going down a hill, whacking into someone, and waking up at the top of a tree with a chipmunk picking a pinecone out of my ear. Or waking up in a hospital with the beep... beep... beep monitor background noise, and hearing them say that the bicuspid is now removed from my knee.

Merry Christmas, by the way. I know it's early, but I've been waiting since about September, and it's officially almost here!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home