Gracegirl

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Zeus

I must preface this post with a comment: I am not a cat lover by any stretch of the imagination. There are some cats I find tolerable--some may be even slightly enjoyable. But do not take this post as anything more than my observations about a peculiar animal. Cats are nothing compared to dogs--and that's final. With that out of the way, here's my post.

Probably prompted by Jen's zoological post, I thought I'd write a blog about our neighbors' cat, Zeus. Yes, they named him after a Greek god, and he seems to think he is some form of deity. They named him Zeus because he has a rather sizeable kink in his tail that makes it shaped rather like a lightning bolt. Zeus actually has a very keen ability to predict the weather. I'm not sure whether or not this has anything to do with the shape of his tail, but nevertheless, it seems to be the case. This meteorological ability has been named "Cat Radar." If Zeus doesn't want to go out in the morning, it most likely will rain by the afternoon--even if everything looks sunny. But, even with the gloomiest of appearances, if Zeus goes outside, you know it'll clear up out there.

I must mention a minor deviation, however, in Zeus' abilities to foretell good weather and bad weather. See, Zeus doesn't like snow, and everybody knows that snow is the best possible weather. So if he doesn't go outside, you could interpret it as a sign of precipitation, not of bad weather, per se.

I hope our neighbors don't mind me blogging about their cat--it's not exactly like I'm giving out their address with pleas for fan mail and tv interviews or anything. And no, I don't think he's up for any autographs. I'm very sorry.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger The Resident Writer said…

    so your'e saying you really like cats???
    Could Zeus' not wanting to go outside just be a result of his laziness? And could the "likely rain in the afternoon" be a result of your living in a ridiculously rainy area of the world?

    Just some food for thought.

    Oh, and I really liked that zoological post you linked to. That Jen seems like a clever one!

     
  • At 2/27/2007 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How could I actually live on the same street as Zeus the weather cat and not even know it? This whole time I have been paying attention to Steve Poole and Andy Woppler and all I had to do was consult with Zeus the doppler tail. I thought I was just blessed to have the super pooper pug from next door visit my yard everyday. Wow! What talent all on one street!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home