Gracegirl

Friday, January 19, 2007

Funny Times...

Today I was sitting at one of the computers in the school library, and this guy came up to me and said "Hey." I wasn't sure, but I thought I might've heard him say "Molly" after that, and I thought to myself, "Who in the world is Molly?" but he was looking right at me, so I said "Hi." He said, "How are you?" and I said, "Great. How about you?" He said, "Good. Hey, are you still working at the student center?" I took a moment and then said, "Um, actually, I've never worked at the student center. Do you have me confused with someone else?" He looked at me, opened his mouth, closed it, grabbed his hat, covered his face and walked off, saying, "Oh....oh no." I didn't want him to feel bad, though. I whispered/shouted, "No, it's okay. I think it's kind of funny."
The girl at the computer next to me let out a few quiet laughs, which made me laugh too. That was a funny moment.

Did I tell you about the guy who walked up to me on the first day of school and asked me "If you were a car, what kind do you think you'd be?" Yeah--out of nowhere. I was stunned and stammered a little. I decided that I should probably respond, so I just told him my dream car--a Smart car. (Not that I mean I'm smart--I just like the car.) He said, "I think I'd be a Ferrari. Have a nice day." and walked off.

4 Comments:

  • At 1/20/2007 11:15 PM, Blogger Kate Alesso said…

    I'm glad you enjoyed it. You really should blog it. I thought it was great--once I got over it. :) Love you too.

    June

     
  • At 1/22/2007 7:56 AM, Blogger Leila said…

    I'm telling you, there is something in the water at that school...

     
  • At 1/22/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said…

    That's too funny. At 31, I have way too many creepy and hilarious stories. The best one happened in the very small town of Victorville. My boyfriend and I were on the way to a church winter camp with the college group. His car, (a Nova, which means no-go in Spanish) broke down, and we were stuck in this small, scary, remote town in the middle of the desert. As we walked up the road, thinking about what we should do, a good friend drove by. We waved frantically and yelled. Like any good friend, whe smiled and waved back. Having limited funds, we figured the smartest thing to do would be to get the car towed and repaired. My boyfriend, we'll call him Red, had triple A, so we got the car towed by a scary looking tow-truck guy. I sat by the window, and made Red sit by the driver. Then, we walked around a shopping mall, trying to figure out what to do next. The car wouldn't be fixed for a day or two; so, we had to stay in a motel. Once again, college kids, limited funds. We could only get one room. The car was at the repair shop, or Red would have stayed in the car. So, we went to the cheap motel, me wearing my keychain on my singer so that it would look like a wedding ring, and we got a room. Then we went to Long John Silvers for dinner. We went back to the room, both called our parents, and we called our youth pastor up at camp. The situation was unacceptable to the youth pastor, so he sent some knuckleheads down the mountain to come pick me up (one knucklehead would stay with Red.) So Red and I sat up and waited for hours for these guys. One stayed there, and the other two took me to camp. These guys driving me up the dark and icy mountain road at 3am had been seeing how long they could go without sleep. So my life was in their hands. To my surprise, I got to camp alive, but in the dark. Not wanting to turn the lights on and wake everybody, I laid on top of several girl before I found an empty bunk . . . a top bunk with about 3 feet of headroom.

     
  • At 1/23/2007 10:56 PM, Blogger Tony Kevin said…

    Guys are just crazy... geez...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home